harvest

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Tension in Transition...

Here's the deal...I've been contemplating on whether or not to write this blog post for about a week now.  I don't want to be the girl who appears to be screaming for sympathy, so if you read further simply know, that is FAR from my intentions.  When I started this blog honesty was was one of my goals and that is why I'm writing this post.

My attempt to put 7 days of thoughts and experiences in a few words...

Problem:  Loneliness (with a side of over analyzing).

Progression of solution:  (Too many fun details to share...here are some highlights)

  • The Lord convicted me of being a bit ridiculous in believing in lies that had so easily formed in my mind, because I was too prideful to share how I was feeling with a human being. 
  • Faithfully He provided opportunities for me to be honest and open about how I was feeling to some amazing friends. 
  • The amazing friends were encouraging and offered up great advice/wisdom. (i.e. you've only lived here 5 months).
  • Shift in perspective.  Realizing just how much I am blessed.  I am surrounded by wonderful people, literally surrounded....live with an unbelievable new friend, have my fake fam in Fay (note alliteration), work with some of the most wonderful people who double as great friends and continue to meet stellar individuals who are possible future friends. 
Sure.  This past week has been hard, however, I wouldn't trade it.  I'm more aware of the blessings the Lord has given me...and that is a fun place to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment