harvest

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Aspiring to be crafty...

I dedicate this post to Pinterest. (If you are a boy...feel free to stop reading).

A couple of weeks ago I bought a lamp for $2 at a garage sale.  Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of it in it's original state, but imagine green and gold (Go Baylor), with no shade.  With a Pinterest state of mind, I had high hopes of making it look wonderful, so I purchases a shade at Target and some spray paint at Lowe's.  Pretty simple right?!...WRONG. 

While spray painting, I discovered that the cord of the lamp was all kinds of jacked up and this is what happened...
  • I plugged the lamp in anyway. Smoke. Slight shock. Blew breaker. Silly curiosity.
  • Took apart lamp. It had MANY parts. 
  • Lowe's trip #2...very helpful employees. 
  • Shamefully it took me, 6...count them...6 tries to re-wire the lamp properly.
I learned that I'm persistent, but really not a perfectionist when it comes to crafty things.  If it works, serves the function it's supposed to and doesn't look hideous it's a #win. 

Progression of pics to follow.
at this point I do NOT know what I'm doing.
wired this sucker 6 times
The parts I had leftover...oops.
 
finished project.
Proof that it actually works.
side view...I just wanted the same
number of pics on each row           

No comments:

Post a Comment