At this time last year I didn't know what I was going to be doing or where I was going to be living. My fingers were crossed for Dallas...I loved a church there and wanted to stay in Texas. That was my plan and not God's. Now I'm living in NWA, working for an incredible church and surrounded by incredible new and old friends.
The whole "my plan vs. God's plan" got me thinking...here is the result...
- Junior year of High School--My plan: continue to live very comfortable, average teenage life. God's plan: face the trial of losing my mom, which challenged and strengthen my relationship with Him.
- Postgrad year #1--My plan: attend the Kanakuk Institute. God's plan: wait a year in order to support friends and family and learn that being an elementary ed teacher is not for me.
- Kanakuk Institute--My plan: work for Kanakuk Kamps...live happily ever after. God's plan: get me in full-time ministry (K-Life) so I realize a little more about who He has created me to be and what I love to do the most.
- Waco K-Life year #4--My plan: student ministries Watermark, Dallas, TX. God's plan: student ministries Fellowship Bible, Northwest Arkansas, among too many great people to name/count.
So many events I could add...but in an attempt to keep this short(ish)...I'm just extremely thankful that I'm not in control of my life.
Happy 2012!
No comments:
Post a Comment